Saturday, January 8, 2011

Super Magic Artist

I heard Mia in the living room today talking while she was coloring.  I peeked around the corner to see what she was doing.   She was feverishly standing up, leaning over her page coloring and then quickly walking back and forth from her Crayon box getting different colors to work with.  Her hands couldn't keep up with her thoughts.  From the looks of things, there was some very important work going on.  Then I heard what she was saying:

“I’m gonna color Gabriel Superman.  He goes ‘whoosh!’ up in the sky!”
“And I’m gonna color Leah a dollhouse.”
 “And I’m gonna color Marijane a super-magic spaceship.”

She continued coloring, totally unaware that I was listening to her.  But I noticed she forgot someone from the bunch, so I asked, “What are you going to color for John-John?”  She looked up at me and smiled a huge hammy grin.  She didn’t know I had been listening to her.   She thought about it a second, took a deep breath to speak and said:

“John-John likes dinosaurs.  I’m going to draw him a super-magic dinosaur!”

Super.Magic.Dinosaur.  Well, okay then  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment