Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fairy making Fairies




I got this little craft set for Mia a while back, but decided to wait until she had a little more attention and fine motor skills before we'd put it together.  It's a set where we created these fairies using the provided pipe cleaners, flowers and yarn, among other things.  It also came with a little fairy house for her new friends to hang out in after we put them together.  Mia had fun gluing the green tissue paper to the roof in chunky pieces and then painting the whole thing in glitter glue.  She then put insect stickers all over it, which is always a good time.  While the glue dried, we put the fairies together.  I say we, but this was more Mommy than Mia, although she did put the heads on and chose all the colors and flower dresses.  She did a pretty good job, I think.  The colors were pretty coordinated.  We had used all the flower petals and yarn when I realized that we still had one more fairy to make.  Now, most people would probably let that go and just be happy with four, but I had to find a way!  All we had left was one ugly orange and creme long petal so I took some leftover tissue paper and cut and shaped it into a flower and folded the orange petal to make it look like two.  I also had to use black sewing thread for her hair since we were also out of yarn.  I think she turned out pretty cute, considering she was the forgotten one.  Then I just had to draw the little faces on the wooden heads.  We had a lot of fun with this - more than I expected.

It had only been a day before Mr. Zig-Zag got a hold of the little forgotten one.  Poor, poor Petri.  Once left on the floor, she never had a chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment