Saturday, April 30, 2011

You're the mac to my cheese...

...the peanut butter to my jelly, the Andy Taylor to my Barney Fife, the woosah to my crazy...


The reasons I love you (for my love on his birthday)

I love how when we first met, our love was instant

I love that the last thing I hear every night before going to sleep is “I love you”

I love that Mia is so much like you

I love how you always stick up for me

I love when you do random, crazy things - like when I refuse to dance, carrying me out to the dance floor and then shakin’ it in front of me like Carlton

I love how you think you’re a better driver than I am

I love how hard working you are and how much passion you have for your career

I love how every time I say your car smells weird, your response is to wink at me and say, “What does it smell like?  Sexiness?”

I love how you have just one speaking volume - you’re the only one who thinks you’re whispering

I love how honest and faithful you are to me - without a doubt, I know that you always will be

I love that when I secretly ball my used gum up and hand it to you, you’ll say “Really?  That’s disgusting.” but still always throw it away for me  :o)
I love how you always bring me flowers for no reason

I love your unwavering confidence

I love how when you’re frustrated with me, you do the ol’ Ralph Kramden fist shake and say “To the moon, Alice!”

I love how we can waste whole Sundays together being lazy and watching movies

I love how every day you thank me for dinner

I love how you’ve always put Mia to sleep at night – your special time together

I love how at random moments we crack each other up with dumb movie quotes

I love how the most important thing to you is taking care of your family

I love your warm hugs – they’re always genuine

I love when you text me cheesy things like "olive juice"

I love that since the beginning of us, you’ve always randomly pushed my hair upwards to kiss the back of my neck

I love how when making PB&J you like to sing, “It’s peanut butter jelly time!  Peanut butter jelly time!...”

I love how you call us during the day just to see how we are

I love how when you push Mia on the swing, she points up and tells you “I wanna go to Mars, Daddy!  Can you push me there?” and you always tell her you can

I love your beautiful smile. Go-jus dahling!

I love that you're one of only two people that's ever called me Panda Bear

I love how you let Mia jump at, walk on and just generally abuse you because it’s fun for her

I love when you tell me everything will be okay because when you say it, I know it’s true

I love how you absolutely cannot lie

I love how you call us your “beautiful girls”

Even though you don't regularly read our blog (how could you, sir!), I wanted to list just some of the many reasons I love you.  There are more and more reasons every year as we grow, as our baby grows and as our love grows.  Olive juice ♥

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Just from this list you can get a sense of what your marriage is like. Beautiful, fun and funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! I wasn't sure if I was going to actually post it because we sound kind of dorky, but what the hell haha :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorky or not, I think Mia will appreciate and love this post some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so :o) That or she'll be "like totally embarrassed" Lol

    ReplyDelete