Thursday, April 21, 2011

Her magical forest

I took  Mia to what she called "the magical forest".  She saw pictures in a news article of two little girls in a similar place and asked if she, too, could be a princess in a magical forest.  So we went.  I knew she would probably soil her new dress, but it didn't matter.  It was her time.  She was the princess in her own forest.  As for me, let's just say I'm very familiar with how to play a dragon by now.  We had a wonderful time running around and playing in our secret place - totally unaware of the world around us.  For that short time, everything else just fell away.

I just kept hearing "Clair de Lune" over and over in my head.  Some music just describes what words cannot.  It's one of her songs.  Beautiful and magical, but with the slightest undertone of sadness.  A sadness because it can't last forever.

It really was magical. 


Her hair missing its clip; her feet adorned with polka dot rain boots instead of fancy flats.  That is my girl.  Perfectly imperfect.  And I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment